Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sledding



It's officially winter here in South Dakota. I know this because a) the butter we leave out on the counter to be "soft" is rock hard in the morning b) my electric blanket is my best friend and c) when the forecast says temperatures will be above 40 degrees, we get really excited about how "nice" it's going to be. We've had two snows worth talking about, so yesterday we went up to hang out with friends in Custer and do some serious sledding. There were a few times we underestimated how fast and far they would go and our friends had to race after the sled to stop it from hitting the barn. After that we strategically placed adults at all risky areas.








So...other than that we are marking off days to Chrismtas, building our Lego advent calendar every night, and I am finished with classes for the semester after I turn in my last 3 assignments today and tomorrow. I am looking forward to a month off and engaging in all things Christmas.

No comments: