Thursday, July 22, 2010

Recent Funny Sayings

Both girls have a terrible habit of reaching onto the cutting board to sample whatever I am slicing, especially cheese. Today Linnaea reached up and I said,"Linnaea, please don't reach on the cutting board or I will slice your finger!" And she said,"Then I'll have to get a new finger?"

Yesterday I was holding Elise and told her I loved her so much. She said,"No, you can only love one kid." I asked her,"Which kid is that?" And she said,"Linnaea."

Yesterday I was washing dishes and I heard Linnaea say,"How 'bout I stand on it and you push it?" I could only imagine what they were attempting to do, but I didn't hear any crashes or screams so disaster was narrowly avoided.

Yesterday we were reading an Olivia book where Olivia pretends she is the tattooed lady at the circus freak show. So after I explained what the writing all over her body was, we flipped the page and Olivia was tiptoeing somewhere and leaving footprints. Elise said,"Look, Linnaea! Olivia's leaving tattoos on the floor!"

Today Elise was counting the dalmations in her 101 Dalmations book. After she passed 10 it was,"Eleven, twelve, firteen, firteen, firteen, and eleventeen."

Today we were driving through Wind Cave National Park and looking at all the prairie dogs. Linnaea said,"I want so many prairie dogs to fill up my present for my birthday. Then I can say 'Look how many prairie dogs I have!'"

Also driving through Wind Cave, we were going towards a hike that goes up to an old fire tower. Approaching the parking area I pointed out the tower and Elise said,"Is that where the princess is?" I told her,"I don't know, we'll have to see" unwittingly motivating her to race to the top of the mountain. She was the first one there.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Those are great, do you write them down somewhere? My sister uses a recipe box for her kids darndest.