Sunday, August 17, 2008

Photos Finally!


We made it!



No, this photo is not enhanced in any way. That is the view from the street one block from our house. We had a lot of rain the past few days and the surrounding mountains got snow. Walden is in North Park, which is basically a valley surrounded by mountains on four sides. The nearest cities are Laramie, WY, Steamboat Springs and Granby, CO. All are about an hour away. We really love being here so far and are enjoying the quiet small town life. But if you were to ask me how I like it in the middle of winter, you might get a different answer. Kevin has been quite generous and babysat for the girls while I've been on a hike the last two weekends. When the rain finally cleared this morning, I grabbed my hiking shoes and the dogs and went to Rainbow Lake in the Mount Zirkel Wilderness. It was a 35 minute drive and just an amazing 3 hour hike through aspen groves and pines; we stopped at the lake and enjoyed the view and we even walked through snow.




...Our kitchen



...our "driveway"



...and our new backyard.

2 comments:

Leah said...

wow, how beautiful, we can't wait to come visit one day!!! the girls are so precious, I love the bathing suits :)

Emily said...

your backyrad reminds me of ours, only more grass! It's the exact same shape! I love that picture of the mountains, something I miss.